Thursday, May 22, 2008

Times It Is OK To Be Blue, or, Only in the UT

From SLTrib's Sunday paper:
Delegates at the Salt Lake County Republican Convention on May 8 passed a resolution on energy independence that states, "Utah alone has enough oil and natural gas resources to supply the United States for tens of thousands of years."

Two delegates - a geologist and an engineer - stood to speak against the resolution because, they said, that statement was blatantly false.

But they were talking to Utah Republicans, who have shown disdain for science getting in the way of ideological blustering.

The resolution cited as its source "members of the Utah State Legislature," the same body where the statement once was made that since there is a dog species, and there is a cat species, but there is no "dat" species, the theory of evolution obviously is bunk.

But there is such a thing as a "cog."
Hah! Take that, flawed-GOP-logic!

I also feel like that would fit in well in a Brian Reagan bit. Take that as whatever commentary you will on the Utah legislative bodies.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I was at that convention and I realize now why 1) I am not a Republican 2) that everyone there is effin' crazy. I am not kidding you.

You can blog stalk me anytime, but prepare yourself awesome psych-outs like that last one I pulled. You never know if I'm telling the truth because that's just how I roll.

The Patrona said...

Bryce, I was just wondering if you could give a shout out for my girl Hillary the next time you make it back here to Zion...glad to hear that some people from Utah actually have a brain.