Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Third-Life Crisis (Redux), or, How to Be Like Bryce, or On Being a Square

As I talked about before, I have been experiencing something of a faux-crisis in my life. In the latest portion of said drama, I've been spending all day, everyday, studying. 5/29 at 8:00 AM I will start the exam that could well determine the answer to the eternal temporal question: What is the meaning of my life?

I have, however, been taking some breaks. Including something of a tradition with our friends of watching Thursday night TV at my place. I still invited everyone over, but not for the whole lineup, just Lost and The Office. However, it also doubled as my birthday celebration, so I invited the whole old gang - including those that have withdrawn themselves by entering into the holy bonds of matrimony (or engagement).

It's hard for me to get everyone together and not have a haircut. Now, this isn't really a rebellion or anything. It's just something I've never done before and it's my last chance to do it. When I dye it red next week, that's going to be out of rebellion. My roommates have really been chafing - they just don't get it! (Did the angst come through there?)

On an almost-related tangent, do you remember how sweet N64's Goldeneye 007 game was? Remember how cool the characters were? They had those squarish heads with the facial features painted on?

Man, the rocket launcher was sweet. Not as cool as slappers, though.

Well, if you wanted to make yourself a Bryce-head (limited-run collector's item!), you just need to get a box, print out these 5 pictures, and paste them to the 5 sides of the cube (leave one open to stick your head in). Just don't try to shoot someone holding uzi's with your arms crossed like that. Leaves you wide open for the rocket down the throat.



Front Side
Right Side
Left Side
Top

I think the back is my favorite; it comes to a tail/point. Sweet.
Almost unanimously the girls love it. Allegedly.

One problem with the box-head that you should be aware of, though, is that you won't fit in your car anymore. I know I don't. I have a lot more sympathy for the women of the 80's and 90's whose big hair wouldn't let them sit up straight in a car.

3 comments:

Ranteumptom said...

Mohawks and Moustaches.

I think Clint may be irked at your frivolity, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't care less. I just trying to get Annie to say mean things to you. Which is how I say happy birthday.

peetie said...

Hmm. As you know, I suck at writing. I was trying to be facetious and whine like a teenager who is rebelling against his parents who just don't get it. Though you're right: Clint wouldn't like it.

Annie won't ever do anything you want her to; I thought you'd figured that out. Reverse psychology would probably be great on someone like her. It works great on my 6 year old niece, and I'm pretty sure they're about the same size/weight.

Ann-Marie said...

It really is a MOHAWK...I thought it'd be more a fohawk. Your hair was long. I still think your fantastically handsome. And dying it red, yea that's really going to do mom in!