Saturday, January 9, 2010

Movies of the Year, or, Look, A Bandwagon!

I guess I’ll jump on the bandwagon and do a “Movies of the Year” post. Having not seen as many films this year, though, compared to previous years, this is going to be a weak list.

Favorite Films of the Year:
Fantastic Mr. Fox – Holy smokes. Wes Anderson is a slugger.
Zombieland – Woody Harrelson was born to play this role. And the cameo at the end is genius.
Avatar – I don’t care that it’s the same as Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves.
Up – Pixar did it again. Not as awesome as Ratatouille, but definitely in their top 3.
Dear Zachary, - The most raw and emotional film I can imagine. And it’s a true story.
I Love You, Man - Anwar Sudat will never be just a Nobel Peace Prize winner again.

Somehow missed, and plan to repent:
District 9
The Watchmen
The Informant!
The Princess and the Frog
The Road
Sin Nombre
Up In The Air
Where the Wild Things Are
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs
Brothers
Crazy Heart
In The Loop
An Education
I can’t decide if Inglorious Basterds belongs on this list.

Movies Redeemed by Outside Forces:
Terminator: Salvation (Turn off your phone!)


No comments: